King StarBoard® is the original marine-grade high-density polyethylene and the industry standard. It is the product of a proprietary process called K-Stran®, the most advanced manufacturing process available for producing consistently flat continuous sheets. King StarBoard® is environmentally stabilized to withstand the harshest marine conditions. It will not rot or discolor like teak and other solid woods, and it will not delaminate like wood laminates. King StarBoard® is easy to work with using standard woodworking tools, and design changes are a snap. In addition, the installed cost of King StarBoard® is less than teak, other common marine woods, and fiberglass. Boat buyers appreciate King StarBoard®’s low-maintenance finish. Repair and refinishing due to weathering and decay are eliminated, and cleaning is easy. King StarBoard® has a handsome matte finish on both sides to hide scuffs and scratches that would show on glossy textured sheets or acrylics.
King StarBoard is upgradable to King MicroShield® with an exclusive antimicrobial additive, the latest technology for protecting the product surface against stain and odor causing bacteria, algae and fungi. King StarBoard is upgradable with King FlameShield, for ASTM E-84 Class A or B Flame/Smoke Compliance and CAN/ULC-S102 for Canadian Compliance.
NEW COLOR: Charcoal Gray
White/White, Light Gray, Dolphin Gray, Sanshade, Arctic White, Seafoam and Black
* Made of the finest polymers available, using our proprietary K-Stran process for superior flatness and consistency.
* Environmentally stabilized for harsh sun and tough marine environments.
* Will not rot, swell, splinter or delaminate when exposed
to humidity or water.
* Perfect replacement material for marine plywood and teak.
* Precise tolerances ensure consistent color, thickness and density, even for special thickness gauges and custom order colors.
* Easy to fabricate with standard woodworking tools and requires little or no finishing.
* Available in eight standard colors to match or accent any gelcoat.
* Unlimited custom/proprietary colors.
* Durable matte-textured surface on both sides.
* Easy to clean and never needs refinishing.
* Edges finish cleanly and easily.
* Forms easily for smooth curves.
* Has passed the Federal Motor Vehicle Standard 302 fire test required for use in motor vehicles, including motor homes.
* Available in large sheets up to 54” x 96” or 48” x 96”.
* Custom sheet sizes available.
* Shipped with a protective masking on one side.
* Proven on thousands of boats and yachts.
* Experienced boat builders know the King StarBoard® brand and trust it more than any other.
Sheet Sizes: 54” x 96”, 48” x 96” (only in 1-1/2″ gauage)
Gauges: 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 3/4”, 1”, 1-1/2”